- To promote marital and family harmony.
- To actively work for creating a dowry free society without adversely effecting the institution of marriage, family structure and implication of innocents.
- To provide a platform for fighting against misuse of dowry laws.
- To create awareness about current dowry/cruelty/harassment related laws and their detrimental effects on family members including husband, wife, their children and relatives.
- To provide legal, psychosocial and emotional support to the innocent persons who are affected by malicious implication through dowry laws. To provide legal aid to families from weaker and needy section of society.
- To demote cultural changes like single parenting and live-in relationships, to safe guard child welfare and integrity of Indian family.
- To safe guard interests of Elder’s and their respect in society and discourage elder abuse through dowry related laws.
- To promote deterrents against false complaints and arrests without investigation. To discourage malicious prosecutions in matrimonial cases.
- Pursue amendments/reform in existing laws and legal procedures, so that all sections of society enjoy equal rights for justice, irrespective of their race, age, religion and gender. To promote gender equality and reduce gender discrimination.
- To work to ensure speedy trial and justice to all.
- To take up issues related to Human Rights Violations and violation of Fundamental Rights as per Indian constitution and raise these issues at appropriate platforms.
- To collaborate with different sections of society, other organizations working towards similar goals, women organizations, Government bodies, legal authorities etc for the betterment of Indian society.
- To perform all such acts as may be necessary for the achievements and accomplishment of the above mentioned aims and objectives.
Helpline Number for abused/distressed Men
(SIF – One) : +91-8882 498 498
Request to Join SIF Group Click